Skip to main content

walking the streets of my childhood

I feel like I am recovering well from my hysterectomy .  The first post op appointment went well, and the next one is in a couple of weeks.  I am struggling with how long it takes to recover from the hysterectomy.  I know its a #FirstWorldProblem, but  I am so ready to move on with my healthy life, and don't want to wait for my body to catch up.  Also, there is a piece of my mind that says it's basically the same surgery as a c-section and those women have babies so there is no way they wait for their bodies, why wait for mine?  ( Please don't tell me that I have chronic pain conditions and thats why I got the surgery.  I know, but it is hard)
the only migraines that I've had have been related to medication change.  I had to change the dosage on hormone replacement because I was on the estrodial patch and it was literally burning my skin.  I switched to the estrodial pill, and after three days of migraine have been fine ever since.  I am really excited about the possibility of going more than two weeks without a migraine.
My next health goal is to get a neurologist.  (I haven't gotten the referral worked out since moving back to Spokane, despite several tries.)  I'm going to get on the phone tomorrow and not get off until I have a doctor.  
I had an EMDR session today that was pretty difficult. It's one of those gets worse before it gets better situations, where I have to go through it.  I am glad to be focusing on some of the important work. Even if it is hard.  Also hard is typing with my acrylics this long.  Seriously, I'm so slow right now it's killing me.   
 speaking of slow: If you have a really long time and want perfect nails, go to radiant nails in the spokane valley. My nails are done fabulously, but it took forever to get there.  I'm not leaving that review on Yelp because I'm still not sure how I feel about it other than I am not going back.  
I'm real cute right now though with my nails done and hair cut.  
Feeling pretty is my first step to feeling good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting the Journey

If there is one good thing about moving, it's that when you make a move you have to make a lifestyle change.  So, why not make another?  I'm going to get healthy! Actually, I'm not.  I've love to say the journey we're starting now leads to getting healthy, but the reality is a little different.  Part of the journey you're joining me on is to find a lot of acceptance around that simple fact. I feel a bit Bilbo about this whole thing.  Halfway through my journey towards healthy, I got an awesome treasure, and it came with some super cool effects.  It also came with a huge downside. My treasure isn't a ring that lets me be invisible and links me up with a rather terrifying evil.  My treasure is a series of diagnoses; they give me the power of treatments and mean that I can't be healthy.  I've been diagnosed with migraine with aura, elevated blood pressure, menstrual migraine, patellofemoral pain syndrome, irregular menses, prementrual d...

Chronic pain

As you are aware, I'm dealing with chronic pain. It's very rare for me to have a day that I wake up with no pain. The last few days I've woken up with some very difficult migraines. I'm trying to manage my pain and returning to work. I'm not always sure that I'm managing my pain in the best way possible. I do what I can, but there is a constant struggle and I have very little hope that it will ever become easier. This week I missed a training because I didn't think about it and was staying away from screens.  (My training was online.) I want to do better and be consistent, and it's hard. The Chronic Pain and Illness Workbook for Teens by Rachel Zoffness is straight forward, combines scientific reasoning with clear explanations.  I really appreciate the exercises. They are easy to follow along with and comfortable for teenagers.  I believe this book will be truly helpful for many people. I know it's helpful for me.

A year away

  I took a year away from reading and reviewing, in part because I didn't think that everyone wanted to hear the words, and this book sounded very Stephen King being Stephen King doing his best Stephen King style King.  Which is what I read for 2020.  It has been a life goal, and it is almost entirely complete.  I read all but five Stephen King titles. I have decided that I have no aim to finish Tommyknockers or Pet Semetary.  As much as I want to read all things Stephen King, those books are just not something that I can finish.   I've tried 3 times to read both books, and we're just not going to be friends.   Still on my to read Stephen King list: The regulators, In the tall Grass, and The plant.  I'm taking a short break from reading more Stephen King for now.  The king of horror and I will say adieu while I visit with some folks I've missed, like maybe people trying to push me towards better, or someone who also obviously read J...