Skip to main content

Fitspo Friday

I am inspired by a lot of people. I think the most inspiring are my cousins. I know, I am so bragging. I will continue to brag for weeks!

I will begin with the Woodards.

Check out Tatay's Gift. I don't have to go any further. I want to be a fit healthy person so that I can be creative and give from myself to others. Tatay's gift is the perfect example of that.

This article shows the amazing (and may I add adorable) the Woodard clan. Do take note of some of the previously awesome and stunning projects.

While being creative is one of the things I can do no matter how bad my illnesses get, it's definitely easier and more consistent when I am well. The hope of creating this kind of amazing and inspiring work is why I want to fit and healthy.

Continue to follow Krystal and Brad's fabulous work here to be equally inspired. Btw, become part of the kickstarter. You know you want to.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting the Journey

If there is one good thing about moving, it's that when you make a move you have to make a lifestyle change.  So, why not make another?  I'm going to get healthy! Actually, I'm not.  I've love to say the journey we're starting now leads to getting healthy, but the reality is a little different.  Part of the journey you're joining me on is to find a lot of acceptance around that simple fact. I feel a bit Bilbo about this whole thing.  Halfway through my journey towards healthy, I got an awesome treasure, and it came with some super cool effects.  It also came with a huge downside. My treasure isn't a ring that lets me be invisible and links me up with a rather terrifying evil.  My treasure is a series of diagnoses; they give me the power of treatments and mean that I can't be healthy.  I've been diagnosed with migraine with aura, elevated blood pressure, menstrual migraine, patellofemoral pain syndrome, irregular menses, prementrual d...

Chronic pain

As you are aware, I'm dealing with chronic pain. It's very rare for me to have a day that I wake up with no pain. The last few days I've woken up with some very difficult migraines. I'm trying to manage my pain and returning to work. I'm not always sure that I'm managing my pain in the best way possible. I do what I can, but there is a constant struggle and I have very little hope that it will ever become easier. This week I missed a training because I didn't think about it and was staying away from screens.  (My training was online.) I want to do better and be consistent, and it's hard. The Chronic Pain and Illness Workbook for Teens by Rachel Zoffness is straight forward, combines scientific reasoning with clear explanations.  I really appreciate the exercises. They are easy to follow along with and comfortable for teenagers.  I believe this book will be truly helpful for many people. I know it's helpful for me.

Emotional Education

The first step in a majority of the therapy I provide for clients is recognizing and expressing emotions. Especially with children, this is the most important thing that I do.  If someone were to leave my therapy sessions, the thing I would want them to take away is that their emotions are okay.  Sometimes, knowing that your emotions are valid is a struggle, it's something to be constantly mindful of.  Did you stop feeling angry because there is nothing to be angry about or because someone told you "angry doesn't do anything"?  Did you stop being afraid or anxious because "worrying gets you no where"  or was it because there is no longer anything to fear?  It's easy to be dismissive of emotions. "I'm being silly."  "Big people don't cry."  It's even easier to listen to the people that dismiss your emotions for you.  "Oh my god, why are you crying."  "It's not that big of a deal"  "Just let it...