Skip to main content

Fitspo Friday

There are a lot of people I want to get to know. I want to know more about my grandparents and family history.  I want to know more about my cousins and what they love.  I want to know my niece and nephews more (As they are under the age of five, there is a lot to discover Like how they pronounce my name. )  I also want to know more about Jane Austen, because I haven't read every thing ever written about her.  I want to know more about DBT and neuropsychology.  I want to know more about Dorothy Gale and the Wicked Witch of the West. I want to know more about Sam and Dean Winchester.  I want to know about Captain Kirk.  I want to know about me.
Life is a wonderful journey of self discovery, and there is always more to know about how far I can go, how many tv shows I can watch, how much I can lift, how fast I can move, how many people I can help, how many books I can read and how many concerts I can dance at.  There is so much to learn and I'd like to celebrate all of me.  Being fit means I'll have a life time to discover me.
Discovering yourself isn't always wonderful.  The first time I discovered that my migraines were chronic and my knee pain wouldn't go away, I hated myself. About once a month my depression tells me horrible lies saying that I am unworthy of air and should die.  Yet, I know that as I discover more about myself I have more to give.  I want a fit and healthy me so that I have a full lifetime to see how far I can go despite and because of my illnesses.
Recently, I've had the pleasure of being inspired by the amazing Chloe Lee.  For years, Chloe was a person in my life that was very quiet. Things have changed a lot, and she's celebrating a lot of things lately in ways I never imagined.  It's been wonderful and inspiring to see.  Obvi not everything is perfect as she discovers more about herself, but it doesn't take away from everything she has to embrace and celebrate. As I get to know Chloe more, I get to celebrate with her. It makes me want to celebrate all those things about myself too. It's amazing to be involved with someone learning and celebrating so much.
You can get to know about Chloe on her blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day

I've disappeared for a few weeks (again).  It's because I was dealing with the real world consequences of being chronically ill and chronically poor. These are two things I link together so tightly I almost didn't put "and" in that sentence. I was being kept at a friend's house for a little over a week because I live alone and they were afraid I was going to die.  No one actually says that,  but the simple reality is that no one is saying, "Geeze you are kinda sick and gonna totes get better so please sleep on my couch." There were other reasons too; the simple life goes on when you're sick, birthdays and funerals. I haven't had hours at work which I'm thankful for because I couldn't conceivably go to work. I had a regular-person doctor's visit which turned into several "lets check if you have cancer" visits.  I don't. Yay for that. I removed one medication and added another. I'm having one medication taken aw

Thankful Thursday- great coworkers

I am thankful for making plans for the future. I am thankful for a relief from depression I am thankful for my amazing boyfriend I am thankful for Taco Tuesday I am thankful for my great Co workers giving me coverage when I needed it. I am thankful for the support I received on a hard day at work. I am thankful for an understanding sister and boyfriend who are working together with me for a better fiscal tomorrow. I am thankful for beautiful sunrises. I am thankful for my besties. I have truly been given a gift in brad, angelica and jenn. Our friendships do not look similar in many ways and I need each aspect and the support they provide separately and together. I am thankful for h&m blazers and cute lipstick.

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my father. He keeps stepping up his dad game, which honestly throws me off a bit. It's kinda great. I am thankful for my sister.  Always. Best thing. I am thankful for my best friend Brad. I am thankful for work. I love supporting those kids, even when they say they don't like me. I am thankful for the days, minutes and moments where I feel in control of my depression. I am thankful for my coworker Jason.  He really made my day. He remembers when I have to leave and takes note of the good I am doing. He tells other people. Basically, he is my favorite (which is hella hard to do because we have an awesome staff.)