Skip to main content

Omgoodness, I am dieing.

I shouted at the screen quickly followed by "God damn Lundqvist." I am feeling the best I have all month.  I am really enjoying the game. My kings beat my bestie's Rangers while I'm in New York for the first time. Stanley Cup Champs! This is how to live. Then my leg kicks off the table of its own will. I shall continue to say I'm dancing with abandon. though I'm spasming constantly.

 I had a horrifying headache that wouldn't respond to medications. I had a supposedly simple procedure that turned into a several day ordeal.  However, I am in New York and arrived here by cross country road trip. Even with all of the challenges of the last year, I stay focused on my life long goals. My bucket list items are dropping like flies.

I'm here and trying to enjoy myself. My bestie is working on not asking me every ten seconds if I am okay. She has gone 3 hours today, but that's because mom is here and the kids are showing off their intelligence every chance they get.

Back home,  I finally got a neurologist referral from my new doctor. While my support group is concerned with if I'm having fun, they are more concerned I get my appointment set. That is how my life is going.

I notice I don't blog about what's happening when it's bad. I can't entirely grasp that I don't know what's happening again. I feel I can't be who I want to be. Blogging is difficult in those moments.  Being is difficult in those moments but I continue to strive for a life worthy of the term. I am not dieing today.  I am celebrating my team being Stanley Cup Champs and me being in New York.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day

I've disappeared for a few weeks (again).  It's because I was dealing with the real world consequences of being chronically ill and chronically poor. These are two things I link together so tightly I almost didn't put "and" in that sentence. I was being kept at a friend's house for a little over a week because I live alone and they were afraid I was going to die.  No one actually says that,  but the simple reality is that no one is saying, "Geeze you are kinda sick and gonna totes get better so please sleep on my couch." There were other reasons too; the simple life goes on when you're sick, birthdays and funerals. I haven't had hours at work which I'm thankful for because I couldn't conceivably go to work. I had a regular-person doctor's visit which turned into several "lets check if you have cancer" visits.  I don't. Yay for that. I removed one medication and added another. I'm having one medication taken aw

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my father. He keeps stepping up his dad game, which honestly throws me off a bit. It's kinda great. I am thankful for my sister.  Always. Best thing. I am thankful for my best friend Brad. I am thankful for work. I love supporting those kids, even when they say they don't like me. I am thankful for the days, minutes and moments where I feel in control of my depression. I am thankful for my coworker Jason.  He really made my day. He remembers when I have to leave and takes note of the good I am doing. He tells other people. Basically, he is my favorite (which is hella hard to do because we have an awesome staff.)

Thankful Thursday- great coworkers

I am thankful for making plans for the future. I am thankful for a relief from depression I am thankful for my amazing boyfriend I am thankful for Taco Tuesday I am thankful for my great Co workers giving me coverage when I needed it. I am thankful for the support I received on a hard day at work. I am thankful for an understanding sister and boyfriend who are working together with me for a better fiscal tomorrow. I am thankful for beautiful sunrises. I am thankful for my besties. I have truly been given a gift in brad, angelica and jenn. Our friendships do not look similar in many ways and I need each aspect and the support they provide separately and together. I am thankful for h&m blazers and cute lipstick.