Skip to main content

Thankful Thursday


  • I'm thankful for understanding and helpful coworkers.  The kind that say "Wait, how did you get here? You aren't getting on a bus. Go home and rest."
  • I'm thankful for the amazing Switzer family taking care of me when I need it most.  I'm so blessed to have my amazing Amber and Chris to help me out the last few days.  I would not have survived alone.
  • I'm thankful for my mom, sister and besties checking in on me.
  • I'm thankful for people that won't ever tell me that my health has scared them again.
  • I'm thankful for a bestie that can joke about how silly her text message sounded when I was at the ER.
  • I am thankful for Amber being able to joke about sitting at the ER while nurses are concerned I'm bleeding internally.
  • I'm thankful Amber can be mad about people checking in too many times.
  • I'm thankful for Chris trying to be calm while he's pissed off that I'm getting out of a chair. I'm thankful for the number of times that he has said "Then just keep sitting. What's the problem with that?" even though I can't process the number of problems I find with staying sitting for several days.
  • I'm thankful for medications arriving when I need them.
  • I'm thankful for a sister and roommate that have everything under control especially when nothing is under control.
  • I'm thankful for amazingly beautiful days in Seattle.
  • I'm thankful for Cupcake Royal.
  • I'm thankful for ER doctors being so much cooler and more rational than any other doctors.
  • I'm thankful for an OB that is funny.
  • I'm thankful for sweet nurses rubbing my ass. 
  • I'm thankful for amazing and funny EMTs that can save hundreds of dollars by walking me across the street.
  • I'm thankful for recliner chairs.
  • I'm thankful for corn bag pillow from my grandma (life saver).
  • I'm thankful for pads and sweatpants.  (Never in my life did I think I would be, but dear monkeys I am.)
  • I'm thankful for Australia's Next Top Model and the amazing, wonderful and insane guy I live with that I now got addicted to Australia's Next Top Model. (Shhhhhh.... don't tell him I told you.)
  • I'm thankful that my skin color is naturally a cute tan and not gray/purple.
  • I'm thankful for recognizing my limits and being a bitch about still wanting to do things.
  • I am thankful for a kindergartner that can comprehend I'm not well enough to play, be upset about it, and thank me for playing with him the day before.  I am not sure I recognize a moment in my life that was so simultaneously heart warming and impossibly saddening. 
  • I am thankful for every person on twitter and tumblr that uses #SickGirlProblems or any other associated hash tag.  When I'm sitting and crying, they can make me laugh and recognize I'm not alone. There is nothing better in this world
As every Thursday, I am thankful for the stunning people I have in my life near and far.  I choose to connect myself with people that can make me better. When I'm at my worst, they hold me up. I couldn't possibly ask for more than what they do.  I am glad to say I had an awful shitty week and I am still beyond blessed.  

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day

I've disappeared for a few weeks (again).  It's because I was dealing with the real world consequences of being chronically ill and chronically poor. These are two things I link together so tightly I almost didn't put "and" in that sentence. I was being kept at a friend's house for a little over a week because I live alone and they were afraid I was going to die.  No one actually says that,  but the simple reality is that no one is saying, "Geeze you are kinda sick and gonna totes get better so please sleep on my couch." There were other reasons too; the simple life goes on when you're sick, birthdays and funerals. I haven't had hours at work which I'm thankful for because I couldn't conceivably go to work. I had a regular-person doctor's visit which turned into several "lets check if you have cancer" visits.  I don't. Yay for that. I removed one medication and added another. I'm having one medication taken aw

Thankful Thursday- great coworkers

I am thankful for making plans for the future. I am thankful for a relief from depression I am thankful for my amazing boyfriend I am thankful for Taco Tuesday I am thankful for my great Co workers giving me coverage when I needed it. I am thankful for the support I received on a hard day at work. I am thankful for an understanding sister and boyfriend who are working together with me for a better fiscal tomorrow. I am thankful for beautiful sunrises. I am thankful for my besties. I have truly been given a gift in brad, angelica and jenn. Our friendships do not look similar in many ways and I need each aspect and the support they provide separately and together. I am thankful for h&m blazers and cute lipstick.

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my father. He keeps stepping up his dad game, which honestly throws me off a bit. It's kinda great. I am thankful for my sister.  Always. Best thing. I am thankful for my best friend Brad. I am thankful for work. I love supporting those kids, even when they say they don't like me. I am thankful for the days, minutes and moments where I feel in control of my depression. I am thankful for my coworker Jason.  He really made my day. He remembers when I have to leave and takes note of the good I am doing. He tells other people. Basically, he is my favorite (which is hella hard to do because we have an awesome staff.)